Sunday 17 February 2013

I blame the help.

Dear The Internet,

I haven't had a very productive weekend and in a little over 11 hours i'll be back in work. I have come to dislike Sunday's particularly Sunday evenings. Having a non-creative full time job and being a creative person does not lead to a successful career in either field. I'd love to make music or edit videos for a living, but I have no idea where to start or how to even begin to make the transition and the job I have will never amount to anything as I spend all day with a brain swimming with new melodies or ideas for bad screenplays. I'm not bad at my job, my job is just bad for me.

I follow a few websites that supposedly exist to help unsigned/amateur musicians. Most of these sites/blogs/forums don't offer much aid other than pushing the paid for 'premium' services that don't offer much help to skint non-professionals looking to break into the industry.

I've just read a helpful blog about 'branding' yourself as a musician to become more sucessful and professional. I now need access to a furnace and someone to push hot metal onto my arse cheeks and I'll be handing in my notice in no time. Or as stated in the blog (written by a professional in the music industry) I might consider investing some time and money in a web marketing campaign or at least a well designed website. I have neither time nor money, so thanks for the advice.

In the interim I'll be posting some more new tracks to Sound Cloud (non-premium services member) and maybe Bandcamp (non-premium services member) for no one to listen to. If anyone out there has some advice for bad musicians like me please start a blog and I'll probably be along shortly.

Rant over (and out),

Lt Meat



www.steakrecords.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment