Sunday 4 September 2011

I'm cleaning out my hardrive

Dear squadron,

I haven't posted much to this lately and I've been on a hardrive space freeing up mission this morning and found loads of old photos and cool stuff that I thought had been lost years ago. I'll probably start posting random photos and videos up as I get through the numerous old folders I've just found.


So, here's a random image I just found on my old hardrive. It's of Randy 'Biscuit' Turner of the Texas Biscuit Bombs and legend texan p(f)unk rockers the Big Boys. I played guitar in a punk band a few years ago called Four Letter Word. I was lucky to be playing in the band when we toured with the Texas Biscuit Bombs for two weeks across the UK. All of the Texans in the band were true gentlemen, in very different individual ways, and I remember them all fondly. Especially Biscuit, who sadly passed away on 18th August 2005. I think this photo is a video still from a gig we played in my hometown of Newport, South Wales in TJs.

It's doubly sad that the owner of TJs, and longtime champion of great local music in Newport, John Siccolo passed away in March 2010 and the club has not been open since. To both Randy 'Biscuit' Turner and John Siccolo I say 'farewell and thanks for everything' I've taken influence from you both and the world is a lesser place place without you! Especially the world of alternative music.

Over and out.

Lt Meat



No comments:

Post a Comment