Monday 11 April 2011

Papercuts - Fading Parade

Greetings fellow music appreciators!

I've been on a bit of a Subpop bothering mission lately. Not only am I currently listening to the new Low Album - C'Mon , but I've also been listening the crap out of Papercuts' recent album Fading Parade.

This is the first song off Fading Parade entitled 'Do You Really Wanna Know?'


It's rare that I get into an album as a whole, I normally lose interest and pick on a few of the tracks that stand out above the general mire of album fillers. Fading Parade is however genuinely an accomplished collection of songs, with no fillers, that have become ingrained in my brain over the last few weeks. Any track off the album could be released as a single, as they're all brilliantly written.

I guess you could say it's quite a melancholic album, but that's what I'm into at the moment so I'm diggin' the vibe, loads. I think they do sound a bit like Beach House, but I wasn't that taken by the last Beach House album Teen Dreams, it got rave reviews from the usual indie rock judging suspects, but it didn't really sink in with me. I much preferred their first album Devotion. Perhaps I'll give Teen Dreams another try one day.................I think we'd all like to give our teen dreams another try one day..........................................................or just listen to Papercuts instead.

I'm off.

Lt Meat

1 comment:

  1. It's super rare that you have an album where you really like half of the songs let alone most of the album.

    Can't remember the last album i had that experience with.....think it was 'Smurfs go pop'

    ReplyDelete